Pages

Sunday 19 January 2014

Mini Mannequins


I made these mini mannequins when I saw something
similar on Pintrest

The little beauties below were made by an Italian
lady whose beautiful blog is
 Porta-forbicine Mannequin 
I thought I'd use the Tim Holtz/Sizzix die 'Sewing Room'
for the mannequin shape


but found that to be too small compared to a pair of small scissors.
So, I used the Sizzix shape and cut around it to make it a bit larger.


The scissors still dwarfed it though, so I gave up on the idea
of making a scissors keeper manniquin and thought I'd make
a pin cushion mannequin instead.


However, that didn't work because I didn't use enough
wadding and the whole form is quite flat.

So, they are just mini mannequins!


I pinned them to a piece of decorative tape


... but didn't really like them when I hung them from a shelf
above my craft desk.


They are rather cute though and will make nice
little gifts.

I think I've got them out of my system now - or have I!

Thanks for looking :)

12 comments:

Deborah said...

They may have gone through a few stages to get here, Sherry, but they are utterly charming just as decorations. They make fabulous bunting.

Unknown said...

These are all fabulous Sherry! Love the different, lovely fabrics you've used, gorgeous! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

JansArtyJunk said...

Oh these are fab Sherry..LOVe the tape measure one :)...and they look cute as bunting too x

Алексровер Анна said...

Very pretty work! They will be very pleasant little gifts! Love the fabric you had used!!!!

PetraB said...

These are fabulous, the fabric and embellishments are brilliant.

Meggymay said...

They all look so very pretty and decorative in your craft room.
Yvonne

Createology said...

These mini mannequins are adorable. They would be really cute name tags for a sewing retreat also. Creative Stitching Bliss...

Mrs A. said...

These are cute Sherry. You could always put some lavender inside them and hang from your coat hangers or place in your with your undies but I like them as they are. Hugs Mrs A.

Diane said...

These are all fabulous Sherry what a fun idea.

Hugs Diane

Jester said...

Wow, I love them , Sherry. They all have such detail and will always cheer when being used.

Elaine Akers said...

so cute.

WendyK said...

They are lovely Sherry, and of course you haven't got them out of your system. You will have to make some bigger ones now. great to see you blogging again.